Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Alpha Chi Summer Adventures: Camp Edition

When I was younger some of my best memories were made at summer camp. 
From singing fun songs, staying up late at night, trying crazy new things, being away from home, and making long-lasting friendships; Summer camp was the best! 

Now looking back it was ultimately just preparing me for sorority life! Today I do all those things in the sorority house with my AXΩ sisters by my side! 

Many of my fellow sisters loved summer camp just as much as I did, and decided this summer to lend their talents to be camp counselors! We have sisters all across the country working as counselors so others can have the same great experiences we had when we were younger. 

Below is what some of them had to say about their adventures:

Rebecca Sacks  
Counselor at Eagle Nest Camp in North Carolina

"I'm lucky enough to work at Eagles Nest camp and I live in a cabin with 12-15 year old girls. It's truly amazing seeing them grow into strong powerful women! We just went on a campout and made our own fire. The other day I took campers down the blue ridge parkway to explore some of the south east's most luscious waterfalls. It's so awesome seeing kids loving nature!!




As a counselor, I've learned great skills that I can bring back to Alpha Chi such as risk management, how to manage groups, working together, and teaching people new skills. It's been a really great summer so far but I can't wait to see my sisters in August!!"




Lindsey Brock
Counselor at Camp Illahee in North Carolina


"I always knew as a kid that I would come back as a counselor at Camp Illahee because I spent so much of my childhood there. Illahee means "Heavenly World" in the Cherokee language and going back this summer really reminded me of how rewarding of an experience it is to be there."


What's really great is that fellow Gamma Iota Lauren Martin (PC 13) is also working at Camp Illahee this summer! Together they are having a blast and showing their campers how great it is to be an Alpha Chi! 


No comments:

Post a Comment